R4i B9S flashcard is coming and it is better and easier to use than R4i gold 3ds or other NTRboothax flashcarts for installing B9Strap, Luma3DS custom firmware on your Nintendo new or old 3ds/2ds consoles. Here in this article, I will tell you what’s the R4i B9S card and how to use it to install free B9S/CFW to play any CIA format 3DS Games! As for buying this latest R4i card, you can get one in 3DS-FLASHCARD.COM, we supports free shipping, paypal/credit payment and worldwide delivery.
What’s the R4I B9S card?
Notice it is not the original R4I SDHC 3DS RTS, it is the latest R4I 3DS version released from the same site R4I-SDHC.COM. But this is a B9S/3DS CFW supported flashcard which with pre-installed NTRboothax/Magnethax. And in the official site, they describe the flashcard like this.
R4i-B9S is a compatible DS / DSi flashcart that is pre-flashed ntrboot, then you can easy install boot9strap and Luma 3DS CFW on your 3DS or 2DS.
So now there is no need to buy R4i gold 3ds or Acekard 2i or any other NTRBoothax compatible flashcard, your better choice is the R4I-B9S version, which is already has the pre-flashed NTRboothax and can be easily used on Nintendo 3DS/NEW 3DS/NEW 3DS XL/2DS/NEW 2DS XL console to install B9S and the popular Luma3DS CFW. After doing that, you can play any 3DS Games with .CIA format, whatever it is the retail rom version or eshop 3ds version.
You can also check its compatibility, features and faq here.
- Work on any NEW 3DS, old 3DS, NEW 2DS and old 2DS model with all firmware versions and in all regions.
- Support popular B9Strap and LUMA 3DS CFW.
- Support Micro SD Card up to 32GB.
- Let you play any 3DS Game with .CIA format.
- More news, updates, firmwares and faq about R4i B9S can be found in R4i-sdhc.com.
How to use R4I B9S on (NEW) 3DS/2DS (XL) to install B9S/3DS CFW?
- One R4i-B9S flashcard
- Two SD cards (one is the source sd, another SD card has a recommended capacity of 16G for installing more games)
- A magnet (It comes with R4I-B9S kit)
1. Turn off the console.
2. Insert your SD card into your computer, Copy “InstallFirm.zip” to the root of your SD card and unzip it to the current folder. download link: https://uploadfiles.io/b4xvf ), re-insert the SD card into your console.
3. Insert flashcard (R4i-B9S) into the console; place the magnet at right position(below B button). Hold (Select) + (Start) + (X) +(Power) buttons for about 5 seconds, then release the buttons.The console should boot into safeb9sinstaller.
- To test if a magnet will work, hold it on or around the (A)(B)(X)(Y) buttons while the device is powered on to see if it triggers sleep mode. If it does, both displays will go black as long as the magnet is held in that spot.
4. Wait for all safety checks to complete, when prompted, input the key combo given to install boot9strap (should take less than a minute)
5. Once the SigHaxed FIRM installs, press A to continue. Always press “power” until the console power off (about 15-20 seconds).
6. Remove your SD card and insert into your computer, format SD card and Copy “NTRPack_1.2 SD.zip” to the root of your SD card and unzip it to the current folder. download link: https://uploadfiles.io/rgy10 ), re-insert the SD card into your console.
7. Power on your console, the console should reboot into godmode9.
8. Once godmode9 boots, press home, go to “More…”, then “Scripts…”. Select “copy_ntrboot”, and accept any prompts that pop up.
9. Once the script completes, press “R+B”, then remove the source SD and replace with target SD (3DS ROM will be install inside this SD card)
10. Select “[9:] RAMDRIVE” to open it.
11. Scroll to “paste_ntrboot.gm9″, select it, then select “Execute GM9 script”. Accept any prompts the show up. If any error occurs, it may be an SD card contact.
12. Once the script completes, press the start to reboot the system.
13. The console will boot into Luma3DS configuation. Check these options(press A) then press start:
- “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
- “Patch ARM9 access” – required for 3dsx versions of homebrew like FBI
14. Once you system boots to home menu, open download play.
15. Press “L+Down+Select” to open Rosalina. Go to “Miscellaneous options…”, then select “Switch the hb. title to current app.”
16. Once that completes, press “B” and select “Save settings”, then press “B” twice to exit rosalina menu.
17. Press home, close download play, then re-open it.
18. You should now be met with a blue screen with “DSP1 – zoogie” at the time. Let it run until it completes. Instead of pushing Start or B when prompted, press home, close the app then power off the 3ds.
19. Hold start and power on the console to boot into godmode9
20. Once godmode9 boots, press home, select “More…”, then select “Scripts…”
21. Select “finalize” and follow any prompts or instructions it gives, accepting them all.
22. When asked to “relock”, accept.
23. If you wish to make a nand backup (some users may not have enough space to do so), go back to the “Scripts…” once more and run “Backup SysNAND”
24. Press start to reboot the console, open download play, you will find the console can run the 3ds CFW now.
Finally, now your 3DS firmware console is already having the CFW, then how to play CIA 3ds games on it? Just go and check from this tutorial. Or if you are looking for a much easier and simple way to play free NDS/3DS games, Stargate 3DS is the best choice. No need to take all these steps, just download, plug and play, that’s all you need to play free DS/3DS games directly on the Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, NEW 3DS XL, NEW 3DS, 2DS, NEW 2DS XL machine!