Nintendo Switch can be installed with a homebrew launcher to run some third-party free softwares, tools and games. Here we will show you the latest step by step guide for homebrewing your Switch console. The whole progress is no need for a Switch flashcard, no matter it’s the N2 Elite or the TX modchip.
Hack the Switch without a flashcard
Tutorial: Install a Homebrew launcher on the Nintendo Switch
No need for a flashcard, we can jailbreak the Nintendo Switch for running Homebrew apps, tools and games with the latest launcher released by hacker by Plutoo, yes, the Nintendo Switch homebrew launcher is finally here and available to download online.
Firstly, we must find out and check our Switch system version. Cause currently the Homebrew Launcher is available for installation for Nintendo Switch consoles sitting on firmware version 3.0.0 only.
We an check the firmware version by opening the System Settings application. Scroll down the menu on the left-hand side, and select “System”. Then the Switch System version will be displayed under “System Update”.
On the other side, though this exploit will not work if our consoles are above firmware V3.0, there are other exploits to be released within a matter of time:
- deja vu, TrustZone exploit for firmware version 4.1.0 by SciresM
- fusée gelée, Nvidia Tegra exploit by ReSwitched Team
- Nvidia Tegra exploit by fail0verflow Team (plus Linux on switch)
- Download latest nx-hbmenu from https://switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/.
- Put the hbmenu.nro on the root of your micro SD card.
- Insert the micro SD card into the Switch
- Turn on the console, then go to Settings, Internet section, and select DNS Configuration
5. Set your Switch DNS server to 220.127.116.11, and perform a connection test.
6. Click “Install” . If you see 2000-1337 on your screen it means installation succeeded.
7. Restart the device, and perform a new connection test.
8. Click “Run”. The exploit is finished when there’s a popup asking you to exit.
9. Go to the home menu and click the Album icon.
Is this safe to run hombrews on the Nintendo Switch?
It should be. Make sure to always run homebrew from trustworthy sources. Running untrusted homebrew could potentially damage your Switch, and will void your warranty.
I’m on a version below 3.0.0. Can I install Homebrew?
You can upgrade to 3.0.0 using a cartridge of Pokken Tournament DX. Warning: some very recent copies of the game come with 3.0.1. Be careful!
I’m above 3.0.0. What are my options?
More advanced hacks will be available in the future. For now, block updates and have patience until they are ready to be released.
I’m getting error 2347-0003?
This means the nro file wasn’t found. Make sure your sd card is inserted, and that it has hbmenu.nro on its root.
Is this a kernel exploit?
What we can do after homebrewing the Nintendo Switch?
Homebrew means the custom, user-made software, which is free to downlload from online and hasn’t been authorised by Nintendo. This can include save editing tools, games, emulators, and more. Currently, once we install the homebrew launcher on a Switch, we will be able to play various games from retro consoles including NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA and more can be emulated at full speed. We can also play the classic DOOM on the console with the RetroArch.
To install homebrew games and applications we’ll need to download them and place them on our Switches’ micro SD cards. Homebrew games and application files have the extension .nro. The homebrew launcher will scan our micro SD cards for all .nro files and display them in the menu. Check out this here for a list of all homebrew released for the Nintendo Switch.
Can we install CFW or play free Switch games now?
Not yet, CFW exploit is currently in development, and will be released according to schedule when all relevant components are completed. Switch users on 1.0.0 should remain there for future CFW. The current CFW release schedule is in order of ascending firmware versions, divided into the following tiers:
|Near Future||Distant Future||Far Future|
|1.0.0||2.0.0 – 3.0.0||3.0.1 – 4.1.0|
Nintendo Switch flashcard from TX is also delayed, it is described that supporting CFW on any Nintendo Switch firmware but not for playing any pirated Switch game. So far, we have no way to play downloaded Nintendo Switch ROM.
How to hack the Nintendo Switch with a flashcard?
Yes, Nintendo Switch has a flashcard to use even the TX mochip is not released yet. The flashcard is called N2 Elite, it is emulating Amiibos on our Switch consoles not playing any games. It can collect and backup around 200 Amiibos on the Nintendo Switch for a cheap price.
Amiiqo/N2 Elite is an NFC toy emulator working on Nintendo Switch, WIIU and NEW3DS/3DSXL. It has the capacity to store up 200 Amiibo characters. You can copy all your Amiibo data to one device via any NFC-compatible Android phone or the special N2 Elite usb reader You can also share entire collections downloaded from the internet.
The Amiiqo V2 device is similar in shape and size of the base of most Amiibo figures. There is a button on the side that allows you to cycle through each Amiibo figure you have saved to the device. The N2 Elite is easy to use for all the newbies, even for the children.
The N2 Elite really is the simplest way to backup your Amiibos for scanning on the go or for a keepsake.
N2 Elite Features:
- One disc can store up to 200 different Amiibo data.
- One disc to carry instead of multiple figurines.
- Easily read and write Amiibo data to disc using NFC
- Easy push button to change characters.
- Backup multiple states of your character.
- Save collector’s item Amiibo in mint condition.
- Android compatible
- The players can use a NFC Android smartphone or choose an USB NFC Reader to run N2 Elite.