Smilehax, another Primay 3DS homebrew exploit is released by Plutto who ever developed 3DS 11.0 compatible entrypoint Freakyhax.It’s a homebrew-enabling exploit for the 3DS that relies on a vulnerability in app/game SmileBASIC. This new one supports on 3DS 11.0 as well as freakyhax and can work on JPN/US 3DS, NEW 3DS or 2DS consoles. The Sky3ds+/Sky3ds plus card can’t support it, cause this app or game is content in eshop. But if you are able to install Smilehax on your 3DS gaming console, the Sky3ds+ plus card can bypass region lock to play Free 3DS Games from all the areas using the regionfree exploit in 3DS Homebrew Menus.
Smilehax V1 released by Plutoo
Smilehax User Guide on 3DS/NEW 3DS 11.0.0-33
- A JAP or USA copy of the game (only available on the eShop)
- Recent 3DS firmware, including latest (11.0.0-33) as of this writing
Note: For USA versions, currently only 3.31 is supported.
5. Click the “Create Programs with SmileBASIC” button.
6. Enter the following script manually in EDIT mode: “Please select a SmileBASIC version.”
7. Switch back to DIRECT mode, and write the following: SAVE “INSTALL”.
8. If you make a typo, you can write LOAD “INSTALL”, fix it, and save it again with SAVE “INSTALL“.
9. Execute it by writing RUN in DIRECT mode.
10. If everything went well, the screen will become blue, then green.
11. The game will exit with an “An error has occured” popup.
12. Start the game again. Now run the HAX script!
Smilehax FAQ for Installing
Q:How do I trigger the exploit?
A: After installation, you can run the exploit by clicking: Browse Projects → [DEFAULT] → HAX → confirm.
Q:My version isn’t supported. Help!
A:You can downgrade SmileBASIC by removing the installed upgrade from 3DS settings. American users on version lower than 3.31 can use another exploit by MrNbaYoh.
Smilehax VS BASICSploit
|Primary Homebrew Exploit||Yes||Yes|
|Support 3DS 11.0.0-33||Yes||Yes|
|Support 3.31||Yes||No, support up to 3.21|
|Support US/JPN/EU versions||No support for EU versions||No support for EU/JPN versions|