Not only the R4I B9S from R4I-SDHC.COM, the original R4I SDHC 3DS RTS card can support NTRboot Method for installing B9S/Luma 3DS CFW from now on with the recent updated ntrboot_flasher v0.3.1 or ak2i_ntrcardhax_flasher v3.2. The 2 NTRboothax exploits are both adding compatibility for R4I SDHC 3DS RTS with Wifi mark. Means that, if you already have an R4I SDHC 3DS or plan to buy this best 3DS R4i card, you are already having the ability to play CIA 3ds games on all 3ds, 3ds xl, new 3ds xl, 2ds and new 2ds xl consoles with any firmware version!
NTRboothax updated for supporting R4I SDHC and R4ISDHC?
The ak2i_ntrcardhax_flasher v3.2 is updated for supporting R4I SDHC cards including the R4i sdhc 3ds rts, and the ntrboot_flasher v0.3.1 is upgraded for adding compatibility for both R4i sdhc and R4isdhc carts, including R4i gold pro, R4isdhc dual core and R4isdhc rts lite. You can check their updates here.
- Support for r4i-sdhc.com and r4isdhc.com carts has been added!
- Some minor things for DSTT were fixed.
- Error checking added, since things are actually starting to return errors.
- support R4i SDHC
- For non-AK2i users; after flash ntrboot firm, you will lose flashcart feature.
- DSi mode cannot support restore feature; DSi device not support flashcart hot-swap
- R4i SDHC cannot support restore feature; NDS memory limit
- These mean if you haven’t compatible backup, you will lose permanently flashcart feature,
- if you have you can restore using ntrboot_flasher
- If you have NDS or NDSL, use DS mode instead DSi. This version support restore flashcart until shutdown console.
For you don’t know about the 2 NTRboot flashers, here is a good explanation from Reddit.
One (NTRBoot Flasher) is a payload for Luma on B9S. It has the highest compatibility right now, and is the original flasher IIRC. The other (AK2i NTRCardHax Flasher) is an NDS ROM that you run directly from the flashcart.
- AK2i Flasher can install NTRBoot to a cart without CFW; it’s what you use for the 3DS single-system method. It can’t make a backup of your flashcart though, so you have to keep the system you used to flash the cart on until you’re done. If you shut off that system, the cart is bricked.
- NTRBoot Flasher requires a system with CFW. However, NTRBoot Flasher can make a backup to the 3DS SD card, allowing you to be able to restore the flashcart at any time. NTRBoot can also unbrick carts, provided you obtain a backup of the firmware from someone else.
How to use R4I SDHC 3DS and NTRboothax to install B9S/Luma 3DS CFW?
The user guide is the same one if you are using an R4i gold 3ds or an Acekard 2i card for running NTRboot flashers, you can get tutorial from 3ds.guide site. Or you can use the direct link here guide for single system, guide for nds or guide for dsi.
Which is the best choice for NTRboot method, R4i sdhc 3ds or R4i b9s or R4i gold 3ds?
Then, let us compare the 3 carts firstly.
|R4I SDHC 3DS||R4I B9S||R4I GOLD 3DS|
|Support NTRboot flashers?||Yes||Yes and with pre-flashed Ntrboothax exploit.||Yes|
|Compatibility||Support 3DS V11.6 and DSI v1.4.5 to lower versions.||Same||Same|
|Support restore for playing ds games?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Easy to setup?||5 procedures for installing CFW to play 3ds games.
Section I – Prep Work
Section II -Flashing ntrboot
Section III – Installing boot9strap
Section IV – Configuring Luma3DS
Section V – Removing ntrboot
|Much easier, cause the R4I B9S is a pre-flashed ntrboot cart.||Same as R4I SDHC 3DS.|
So which one is the best to buy?
If you want to pickup a simple NTRboothax flashcard, R4I B9S is a good choice, it is with built-in NTRboot flasher and can be easily restored back to play ds games via running R4I B9S flasher v1.0. However, if you like to choose a cheap NTRboot cart, R4I SDHC 3DS is the one with a reasonable price and a good compatibility to NTRBoothax. Both of them you can buy from 3DS-FLASHCARD.com, with local shipments(USPS and LA POSTE) and secure payments(Paypal and Credit Card). Additionally, if you are still needing a discount, e-mail to [email protected], we can give you a free voucher code and game code too.