What we can do to update R4 3ds gold pro(R4i gold pro) card for working directly on 3ds 11.1.0-34u? If possible, without modding 3DS Firmware, can we use the R4i gold pro 3ds card on the latest 3DS update? The good news is that, 3ds R4i gold pro kernel is upgraded to a new version too, as for, wheather or not it is supporting 3ds v11.1, let me show you here.
R4I GOLD PRO latest kernel V3.8b
The official site of R4i gold pro 3ds card was releasing the new kernel in the end of September. The latest R4 3ds kernel v3.8b is for all its 5 flash cards, just notice that, download R4i gold pro v3.8b for 2016 R4i gold pro 3ds card, download R4i dual core v3.8b for 2016 R4i sdhc dual core card, dowload R4i silver rts lite v3.8b for 2016 R4isdhc rts lite and so on.
If you need the V3.8b in English version, just download here, I already list the download links for you.
- 2016-09-27 2016 R4ISDHC Dual-Core kernel updated to V3.8b, download here http://www.r4isdhc.com/KerneDownload/R4i-V3.8b%20English.zip.
- 2016-09-27 2016 R4ISDHC GOLD PRO kernel updated to V3.8b, download here http://www.r4isdhc.com/KerneDownload/R4i-V3.8b%20English.zip.
- 2016-09-27 2016 R4ISDHC RTS LITE kernel updated to V3.8b, download here http://www.r4isdhc.com/KerneDownload/R4i-V3.8b%20English.zip.
- 2016-09-27 2015 R4ISDHC SNOOPY kernel updated to V3.8b, download here http://www.r4isdhc.com/KerneDownload/R4i-V3.8b%20English.zip.
- 2016-09-27 2015 R4ISDHC UPGRADE kernel updated to V3.8b, download here http://www.r4isdhc.com/KerneDownload/R4i-V3.8b%20English.zip.
Should we mod 3DS 11.1 Firmware for using R4i gold pro 3ds with V3.8b?
No need, whatever you use the newest R4 3ds gold pro V3.8b or old V3.7b kernel, they can be installed on 3ds 11.1 firmware directly. Currently, if you use R4i 3ds sdhc rts, R4i gold 3ds wood, R4i gold pro 3ds, R4isdhc dual core, R4i sdhc rts lite, Ace3ds plus, R4i gold eu 3ds, Dstwo plus, Sky3ds plus and such flash carts on 3DS/2DS/NEW 3DS consoles, the 3DS Firmwares all can not be modded either. These 3ds game and 3ds R4 flashcards are supporting 3ds v11.1.0-34u/e/j straightly without hardmoding or softmoding 3DS.
In which situation, you need to mod 3DS for playing free games or install homebrews.
- If you are the flash card owner of Gateway 3ds and your consoler firmware is higher than V9.2.
- If you have 2ds/3ds/new 2ds consoles with system version beyond v4.1 to v9.2 and want to setup Custom Firmware.
- If you simply want to downgrade 3DS Firmware, you should Hardmod 3DS firstly.
How to update R4i 3ds gold pro card for playing ds games on 3DS 11.1.0-34u?
First of all, why to update R4 3ds gold pro 2016 card? Not because the old R4i gold pro 3ds v3.7b is uncompatible with 3ds v11.1, but an newer R4 firmware will have better performace and fewer bugs. If not, why the official site releases new R4 3ds firmwares year by year. So whatever you are the old card user of R4i gold pro 3ds 2016 or just get the card in hand recently, I recommend you update R4 3ds gold pro to the latest kernel v3.8b. Here are the things you need to do for updating 3ds R4i gold pro card to play DS Games on 3DS 11.1.0-34u.
- R4i 3ds gold pro card, 2016 is the latest version.
- MicroSD card, recommend Sandisk brand, from 8gb to 32gb.
- USB Card Reader, you card find in R4i gold pro 3ds package.
- 3DS/2DS/NEW 3DS console with firmware 11.1.0-34u/e/j.
1.Format the Microsd card. Put the micro sd or sdhc card to usb card reader, inject it to your PC, format the microsd card on the Computer, choose Fat32 as formatting.
2.Install R4i gold pro v3.8b kernel. Go to the site r4isdhc.com, download R4i gold pro 3ds v3.8b firmware here, unzip the file you get, then copy and paste all the contents to the root of your sd/sdhc card.
3.Download Free DS Games online. Go to Rom2station.com, input ds game titles you want to download, also input the game code you get from us 3ds-flashcard.com, then download ds games freely in the site.
4.Insert 3ds R4i gold pro card to 2DS/3DS/NEW 3DS console. Remove microsd from the PC, insert it to R4 3ds gold pro card, put them together into 3DS/2DS/NEW 3DS consoles with 11.1.0-34 firmware as the Video showing.