Today, both the Octopath Traveler and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will come for Nintendo Switch, even if you don’t buy the 2 game cartridges, after reading our post here, you can download and play free Octopath Traveler and Captain Toad on your Nintendo Switch device. How? Let me show you.
Octopath Traveler for Nintendo Switch
Octopath Traveler, out this Friday for Nintendo Switch, is designed to be a callback to old-school role-playing games. With sprites inspired by Final Fantasy VI and a structure reminiscent of SaGa Frontier and Live-A-Live, this game has been eyed as a holy grail for anyone who misses the golden age, the days when developer Square Enix pumped out classic after classic. Indeed, it’s got everything you might expect from a turn-based JRPG: levels, side quests, character classes, a variety of items and equipment, and so on.
- The game features eight different protagonists, each of whom has a unique ‘Path Action’. This allows characters to interact with NPCs and enemies in a distinct way.
- The warrior can challenge other characters to a duel, for example, which is useful for exposing villains and forcing people out of the way.
- The dancer character, meanwhile, can lure enemies into traps, or making missing persons follow her back.
- The game also features an innovative new battle system, which is turn-based with a twist.
On the surface, Octopath has all of the trappings of a SNES adventure. Its cast of heroes are all cute, pixelated sprites, and they travel a map filled with dangerous caverns, snowy fields, and quaint towns. As you wander around, you’re thrust into random encounters where you fight off monsters in turn-based battles using swords and spells. For the most part, Octopath feels like a particularly polished take on the genre. The combat is familiar, yet it has a depth that makes it feel fresh even after dozens of hours. There are also a number of quality-of-life improvements — like plentiful save points and warnings about high-level enemies — that help it feel like a modern interpretation of a classic. It even looks new, thanks to a tilt-shift effect that blurs the edges of the screen, creating a pixel art world that feels like a virtual diorama.
In almost every regard, Octopath Traveler has exactly what you want from a classic-style role-playing experience. It offers a huge world to explore, memorable characters to discover, challenging boss battles, and a complex series of systems that let you customize your explorers. And it’s a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch, as you can absentmindedly grind for experience on the go and then soak in the beautiful visuals and soundtrack on your couch. It’s classic Final Fantasy reimagined for 2018.
Switch Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is an action puzzle video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Wii U. It is a spin-off of the Super Mario series which builds upon an uncommon type of level in Super Mario 3D World. On March 8, 2018, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch ports were announced for release in July 13. It will include additional levels themed around Super Mario Odyssey, as well as two-player co-op multiplayer in the Switch version.
- Local co-operative multiplayer: Each player gets one of the Switch’s Joy-Cons, splitting the typical play into two roles. One handles Toad’s movement, while the other dispatches enemies and shifts the camera. It’s a bizarre twist that could feel a lot more developed than it is. As it works, neither role gives much for its player to do and having enemies largely handled by one person cuts down on the scope of the platforming and the puzzles, making each stage feel like a cut-down version instead of a solid addition in its own right.
- New levels based on Super Mario Odyssey: There are just four, but they let players revisit Odyssey‘s Sand, Metro, Cascade and Luncheon Kingdoms for new challenges. The Odyssey levels can only be accessed after completing the game’s first three episodes — essentially the entire campaign — but with the exception of the New Donk City level, they fail to match the efficient puzzle design pedigree of the original game’s content.
- A bonus gameplay mode: The Switch version of Captain Toad also makes a bonus gameplay mode previously tied to an amiibo figure a standard feature: After completing each level, players can play hide and seek with a tiny, pixelated Toad. That lil ’ 8-bit Toad will tuck himself behind a tree or on a wall somewhere in the level, and you’ll need to track him down. It’s a chance to quickly revisit each of the game’s levels, but the add-on always felt inessential.
- Improved camera zoom options: Rather than just a zoomed-out and tightly zoomed-in camera perspective, Captain Toad for Switch also offers a middle ground. That mid-range zoom is extremely helpful when playing the game in handheld mode, where the game’s tightly packed levels can be tougher to visually dissect.
All in all, not much has changed for the Switch version of Captain Toad. The game is still a smart, charming series of puzzles starring Toad and Toadette as they hunt for treasure with a disarming cheerfulness. Levels are made mostly of tiny dioramas, like tiny chunks carved out of larger, more traditional 3D Super Mario Bros. levels, that must be twisted, turned and explored to pluck out every secret.
How to play free Octopath Traveler and Captain Toad on Switch?
The Nintendo Switch is hacked already, if you don’t know. Even the v5.1 Switch firmware console are fully cracked by the Team Xecuter’s 2 SX products. They are the SX Pro and the SX OS. SX Pro is the physical product to buy while the SX OS is only a serial number to get. But they both can be used to jailbreak the Nintendo Switch to play free downloaded games including the Octopath Traveler and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.
It includes 3 items in total, one is the joycon jig, the other is an usb dongle, the last one is the sx os code in the dongle, these 3 things can let you hack the Nintendo Switch easily to install the OS CFW, then you can play downloaded Switch games on the SX OS CFW.
All in all, SX Pro is the easy-to-use dongle and tool for booting SX OS on your Nintendo Switch, then you can play free Switch games and run Homebrews.
- Solderless: SX Pro is an easy to use dongle that plugs into the charging port of your Nintendo Switch.
- Does Not Void Warranty: SX Pro does not void your warranty. You dont not need to open you console or make any modifications. Easy!
- Free SX OS License: Every SX Pro ships with one free license for SX OS.
- Fully Updatable: The SX Pro is fully updatable and future proof.
It is just a SX OS license key, only getting it, you can get authorization to use the Team Xecuter’s OS CFW. It’s much cheaper than the SX Pro, but for using the SX OS CODE, you still need to prepare a jig to switch your Switch to RCM mode and a similar usb dongle to boot OS CFW to your console.
In a word, SX OS Code is the key to get Custom Firmware for Nintendo Switch. Only recommend advanced users purchase this software separately.
- Compatibility: SX OS Works with every Nintendo Switch out there. On every firmware version!
- Hack games: With SX OS you can play all your favorite games straight off of the microSD card inserted into your Nintendo Switch.
- Homebrew Games & Apps: Using SX OS homebrew menu launcher you can enjoy all the quality games and software by independent developers.
- Backwards Compatible: Using the SX OS Launcher you can easily boot into the normal Nintendo Switch firmware to enjoy your original games.
- Continued Support: SX OS will be udpated time by time.
Finally with the Xecuter SX Pro or SX OS, you can play Free games on the Nintendo Switch. But where to buy them? Don’t worry, you can purchase them from us, 3ds-flashcard.com, the official American reseller of Team Xecuter, now we gets SX OS full in stock, but for the SX Pro, we will get them again by the end of this month, currently, in the whole market, SX Pro is only for Pre-order. Why not choose us? Because 3ds-flashcard.com can ship you Pro from USA, France and Asia, support Credit Card/Paypal payment and offer free game resource for you.