Nintendo has just issued firmware version 4.0.0 for their portable and home gaming device Switch. The new system V4.0 is a surisingly solid one, bringing us many desired features and new functions, including the 30 secondes‘ video record for select games, user profiles and save data tranfer, pre-purchase & pre-load for Eshop contents, even the Nintendo Switch Controller can be upgraded too. Here is this article, let me show you all updating details on Nintendo Switch firmware V4.0 and give you answer about its hacking status.
Nintendo Switch Firmware Version 4.0
As usuallly, you can find system updates for Nintendo Switch from its official site here. The V4.0 is with some major features but still does not support Virtual Console service, Media Players, Web Browser apps. However, I will recommend you highly do the firmware upgrading following the steps here. Why? Nintendo Switch FW V4.0 supports a list of useful and joyful functions.
- Select the “System Settings” on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down through the System Settings menu and select “System.”
- Select “System Update,” to start the system update process.
P.S: During the process, the system will first perform a check to determine if a new system update is available. If an update is available, the download process will begin automatically.
Also, Nintendo has told us how to install the update if you’re having trouble.
- If your Nintendo Switch is connected to the internet, your console will download the update automatically.
- Once the download is complete, you’ll be asked if you’d like to install the update. Be sure to save any game progress before you continue.
- When you’re ready to install the update, choose “update” to install. Your console will restart to complete the update.
Major updates of Nintendo Switch FW V4.0.0
- Video capture for select games
- New profile icons featuring characters from the Super Mario Odyssey™ game and The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild game
- Transfer user profiles and save data to another system
- Pre-purchase option is available for certain games on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch
All details of Nintendo Switch System Version 4.0
About Video Capture
Are you ready for sharing game video to Facebook or Twitter in a world full of Twitch streams and YouTube? This new feature must be welcomed highly by Switch console players.
The highlight of the update is the ability to capture footage from select games. When you hold down the capture button on the left Joycon button, the Switch will save the last 30 seconds of game play without going to another menu. Afterwards, these clips can be trimmed and posted online. At the moment, there are only a few games compatible with this feature:
- The Legend of Zelda; Breath of the Wild
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Splatoon 2
About Data Transfter
Finally, a player will be able to transfer their user profile and save data over from one Switch to another. When a user is moved, the save data and Nintendo eShop purchases will be moved as well. To move the data, a Nintendo Account must be created and both systems need to be near each other. To transfer, head to System Settings > Users > Transfer Your User and Save Data.
.Additionally, today’s Switch update adds a number of new user icons for Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, giving users even more customisation options. Another new feature is the ability to pre-buy and pre-load “certain games” from the eShop. This follows a previous update that added a new eShop tab for games that are on sale.
About User Icons
a number of new user icons for Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, giving users even more customisation options
There have been 12 new user icons for Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, giving users even more customisation options. To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
About Nintendo Eshop Pre-purchase
Games can now be pre-purchased on the eShop, allowing users to pre-load future games before they are released. This, of course, will prevent the eShop from getting too much traffic at midnight when the next game is released. This feature will be supported by future game releases
About News channel
Switch 4.0 update also gives the News feed a new look and a new feature that removes a particular channel’s content from the feed when you unfollow the channel. Another nice, behind-the-scenes feature in this update is “Match Version with Local Users.” As its name suggests, this feature updates everyone’s games to their latest versions, which sounds handy for people who multiple profiles installed on one system.
About Wireless Networks
Finally, the patch makes a change to wireless connectivity. Networks that use TKIP security will now show up as grayed-out instead of being totally hidden. The Nintendo Switch console supports WEP, WPA-PSK(AES), and WPA2-PSK(AES). If your router is using a different security type (e.g. WPA-PSK(TKIP)), you will need to change this security type within your router’s settings.
About Switch Controller
Besides updating your Switch’s firmware version, the console controllers can be updated too in the same time. How to do that? First, visit system settings. Then head on over to the “Controllers and Sensors” tab. Scroll down to “Update Controllers”, and both Joy-Con will be updated in a matter of seconds. What’s behind the update for the controllers? Well, that’s a bit of a mystery. Nintendo doesn’t seem to have any information on that currently, but we’ll let you know if we hear anything.
Is Nintendo Switch FW V4.0 hackable or not?
It is not hackable, the Nintendo Switch console with firmware v4.0.0. And if you are wanting for hacks and homebrews on this device, the best to do for now is to stay on a lower firmware. Hackers have recently recommended to upgrade to firmware 3.0.0, but to not go past that. Additonally, seeing from the past, the easiest way to achieve the best of both worlds (hacking and gaming) is to have two consoles, one for homebrew (that you’ll keep at a low firmware) and one for gaming.
Though you can’t use any hacking software or flashcard on Nintendo Switch V4.0 to play free games or for homebrews, there is one device called N2 Elite, which supports users emulate and backup around 200 free Amiibos. That’s the best flashcard to buy for Nintendo Switch, it is working on the new system v4.0 too.
Amiiqo/N2 Elite is an NFC toy emulator working on Nintendo Switch, WIIU and NEW3DS/3DSXL/NEW 2DS. It has the capacity to store up 200 Amiibo characters on a single chip. You can copy all your Amiibo data to one device via any NFC-compatible Android phone or the N2 USB Reader/Writer. You can also share entire collections downloaded from the internet.
Currently, there are over 600 Amiibos and this N2 Elite is perfect for carrying them all in one place. So just stop carrying around your precious amiibos but use the powerful N2 Elite to backup all of your Amiibo saves from today.
- Support all versions of Nintendo 2DS™, 3DS/3DS™ XL via Nintendo® Amiibo reader (sold separately)
- Support all versions of Nintendo New 3DS/3DS™ XL consoles
- Support all versions of Nintendo Wii™ U console
- Support Nintendo Switch
- Allows emulate or backup to almost all Amiibos, include the recent Metroid ones.
- 200 figurines storage capacity
- Selection of figurines by pressing a button
- Android smartphones equipped with an NFC chip
- Upgradable firmware
- Compatible with Android smartphones equipped with an NFC chip
- Compatible with N2 Elite USB Reader / Writer NFC module PC)
- Storage banks order and range can all be configured with the help of the N2elite app.
- Scheduled to come from Amiiqo are features such as added compatibility, cheat system, and new transfer/control methods & apps.
Tips: Not only N2 Elite can be recommended for Nintendo Switch V4.0.0, to you who are searching for methods to use PS3/PS4/XBOX1/XBOX360 controller(with Vibration) on Switch, you can buy this cheap USB Switch Controller Converter; to you who want to purchase a cheap Switch Dock replacement for TV Mode, this Portable Dock for Nintendo Switch with HDMI Adapter is the best option too.