Your Nintendo Switch, even it is staying on V5.0.2 firmware, you can also install a CFW on it to play free games after reading our article here. What is SX OS CFW? How to set it up on any Nintendo Switch firmware console and do we need any flashcard or not to install the custom firmware? Here let me tell you the answers.
Nintendo best CFW-SX OS
SX OS is the upcoming Nintendo Switch custom firmware, it is named OS by the Team Xecuter and will be released formally on the 15th of June. OS CFW is better than any other Switch CFW, because it has the ability to launch Switch game roms from the console sd card.
|Xecuter SX OS||All Information|
|Origins||From Team-Xecucter.com, based upon the Tegra Bootrom exploit/Tegra X1 exploit, which is a bootrom bug that can’t be patched in any Nintendo Switch.|
|Setup||Easy and simple, but you need to prepare 2 toos, a jig module and a usb dongle.|
|Availability||Not yet, will be available on 15th of June|
Is a flashcard needed or not for installing the OS CFW to the Nintendo Switch?
No need, if you have a Nintendo 3DS, an NTRboot flashcard will be needed for installing the CFW on your console. But for the Nintendo Switch, you are no need to buy any flashcard or modchip, the OS CFW can be installed to your Switch directly with some simple steps.
Though this CFW doesn’t require a modchip, for booting it to your console, there are 2 more tools needed. They are a USB dongle for loading OS CFW from a computer to your console, a jig module that triggers recovery mode on your Switch while puting it to your right Joy-Con controller.
And don’t worry, the Jig is not needed everytime for booting OS if you are willing to make a (software) modification to your Nintendo Switch, the SX OS supports optional “AutoRCM” feature that can replace the function of that Jig tool. However, you must have the USB dongle and the Jig module for the first time.
How to setup the CFW to Nintendo Switch V5.0.2 for playing free games?
Xecuter SX OS has not been released yet, so we can’t give you a user guide for now, but from a recent video about the SX OS and SX Pro, we infer some needed steps for any user to setup the SX OS CFW to their Nintendo Switch, even it’s with V5.0.2.
- Order the Xecuter SX OS software activation code from any official store, like us, 3DS-Flashcard.com.
- Get the OS key code from them, no shipping is for the SX OS order, the seller should e-mail you the software license code.
- Download SX OS CFW from a site launched by the TX via that code.
- Download Nintendo Switch games to your Switch sd card.
- Transfer the OS CFW to the USB Dongle from your computer.
- Stay your switch console power off. Connect the USB dongle to the Switch’s USB type-C port and attach the jig to the Switch’s right-hand side Joycon rail.
- Start the RCM mode by simultaneously pressing the power button + volume button
- SX logo is displayed, then SX menu is displayed
- Remove USB dongle and jig. Insert right Joycon to console
- Tap the option “boot custom fw” (unknown because it is not in focus) on the menu
- The switch is booted into CFW
- Switch games in real-time
- Choose Switch games to play freely.