C2M-Classic 2 Magic is, in fact, a plug & play device to be inserted above your Snes Mini allowing the console to read the original Super Nintendo cartridges, The device lets you play your actual SNES carts on the SNES Classic Edition. So, on the below, we will give you the tutorial of C2M to play games on your SNES Mini.
Hack Nintendo Class SNES&NES by Classic 2 Magic
When the NES and SNES Classic Editions were released, many fans hoped for a way to play their NES and SNES cartridges through them, but as you know that is not impossible. That dream, however, will soon become a reality. A new third party accessory called C2M – Classic 2 Magic will allow users to play their SNES cartridges on the SNES Classic Mini.
Here’s how it works – all you have to do is complete a one-time 2 minute installation process and viola, you can play SNES cartridges on your SNES Classic Mini. The device also works with the Super Famicom Classic Mini, NES Classic Edition, Famicom Classic Mini, and Gold Famicom Classic Mini.
Among other things, to “brush up your old SNES cartridges and use them directly on your SNES Classic Mini – any game and regardless of regional blocks – simply plug & play! “. This is just one of the features of this “add-on” device that would, therefore “approach” the SNES Classic Mini to the “back-console” compatible with old siliceous supports, such as the RetroN.
How to use Classic 2 Magic to play region free games and SNES carts?
- Do not power off the C2M or the NES/SNES Classic during install.
- Do not remove the USB drive from C2M during install.
- Do not remove the USB drive from C2M while the NES/SNES Classic’s red “power” LED is lit.
- Do not remove the USB drive from C2M while the C2M green “status” LED is blinking.
- Always perform a safe eject before unplugging a USB drive from your computer.
- Do not blow in Game Carts as this may damage them. Instead, clean them with alcohol and a cotton swab.
USB Connection Reminders
- If you plan on using a USB hard drive, it needs to be self-powered—either through a wall plug or Y-Cable to another power source. There will not be enough power running over the 5v connection for the NES/SNES Classic to power the console AND and external drive. USB thumb drives/flash drives do not require extra power.
- When using the supplied USB cable, please be aware that this cable is intended for data transfer between the NES/SNES and the C2M. We recommend you use the cable that came with the NES/SNES Classic to create the power (3) connection and the supplied cable for the data connection (2a) to (2b).
Connecting Your C2M
1.HDMI out (to TV) 3. Power In (from Outlet)
2a. Power Out (to NES/SNES) 4. Game Cart Slot
2b. Power In (from C2M) 5. USB Drive Port
- Connect the HDMI cable from your NES/SNES Classic (1) to your television.
- Connect the supplied USB cable from the C2M (2a) to your NES/SNES (2b).
- Connect the C2M Power (3) to a power source of at least 1 Amp*.
- The Game Cart Slot (4) can be left empty or slotted during operation.
- Connect your USB Drive (5) containing the C2M Setup Files.
*See your power brick for it’s maxed amperage rating. It should be rated at 1.0A / 1000mA or higher.
First Time Installation
The first time installation will take about 5 minutes and only needs to be done once for each NES/SNES Classic device you wish to use with C2M.
If you have previously modified your NES/SNES Classic, you must first revert it to an unmodified state by using the C2M USB Uninstall Files before continuing. Follow the steps below, but use the Uninstall files instead, stopping after Step 8.
1. Format your USB drive as FAT32. (Right click on the USB drive in Windows Explorer and select Format, then ensure that the filesystem is FAT32.)
2. Download and copy the C2M USB Setup Files and C2M First Time Setup Files into the root of your USB drive. You should then have contents like (USB:\c2m) and (USB:\hakchi) on your USB drive.
3. Perform a safe eject of the USB drive from your computer (Right-click on the drive in Windows Explorer and select Eject to perform a safe eject), then unplug the USB drive from your computer.
4. Unplug the micro USB power cable from the back of the C2M (3) so that it is powered off.
5. Insert the USB drive into the top of the C2M (5).
6.Power on the C2M by plugging in the micro USB power cable at the back (3).
7. The green C2M status LED will flash quickly for 1-5 seconds while it starts up, it will then blink slowly to show it is in “First Time Installation” Mode. Wait until it begins blinking slowly before proceeding.
8. Hold in the reset button on the NES/SNES Classic and turn on its power switch. Keep holding in the reset button for another 5 seconds then let go.
9. The installation will proceed. While nothing will show on your TV, the green status LED on the C2M will show you the installation progress:
One flash for Stage 1, Two flashes for Stage 2, etc., until finally completing stage 4.
10. All 4 stages take about 5 minutes in total. Once they complete, the text will be displayed onscreen showing the progress of the one-time import of any ROMs on your USB drive and the built-in games on the NES/SNES Classic itself.
11. When the installation is complete, you will be brought to the new Main Menu on the NES/SNES Classic.
C2M System Enhancements
C2M offers many enhancements and improvements over the default Nintendo user interface. The following key combinations can be used to better enhance your gameplay and ease of use:
While playing a game you can now press SELECT+Down to quit back to the main menu where you can access save/restore states or select a new game without having to press the console’s Reset button.
Holding SELECT and any of the face buttons (A,B,X, or Y) for 2 seconds toggles autofire for that button. Please note that this stays in effect even when you leave the game and return to the menu. Holding the same combination again for 2 seconds toggles it back off.
If the In-Game Menu is enabled (see the Settings menu to enable/disable it) you can press SELECT+START at any time while playing a game to bring up the In-Game Menu. This is for advanced users only as these settings can severely degrade game playback or stop functionality altogether. If this happens, you can always go to the Settings menu and select “Reset all retroarch config” to return the settings to their original values.
Launch NES/SNES Game + UP
Force the console to use the official Nintendo emulator.
Launch NES/SNES Game + UP
Force the console to use the official Nintendo emulator.
*Please note that the save/restore states are not compatible between the two emulators
Playing Games from Game Carts
C2M supports mixing console and cart regions!
- Ensure the NES/SNES Classic console is off. (The red power LED on the console should be off).
- Ensure a FAT32 formatted USB drive is inserted into the top of the C2M (5).
- Insert Game Cart into the Game Cart slot on the top of the C2M (4).
- Once the Game Cart and USB drive are present, the C2M will start caching the Game Cart contents onto the USB drive. The green status LED on the top of the C2M will flash during the caching process. The first time a game is cached it will take 5 to 10 seconds. Subsequent times will take <1 second. When the green LED stops flashing, the caching is complete and you can proceed with the next step.
- Turn on the NES/SNES Classic and it will boot to the Main Menu where you can select the Game Cart icon from the lefthand side of the menu in order to play the game.
Playing Games from ROM Files
1.Locate the roms folder on your FAT32 formatted USB drive (USB:\c2m\roms)
2.Copy the unpacked* (unzipped) versions of the rom files into (USB:\c2m\roms) Example: USB:\c2m\roms\Zorlda.sfc
*Note: Arcade/MAME roms must stay in their .zip file to work properly. Do not unpack/unzip these.
3. You may also copy up to 29 of your favorite roms into (USB:\c2m\roms\faves). These
will appear in a separate “Favorites” menu, regardless of console.
*Note: If you want box art for your games to appear in the menu, you can download a pre-made pack to the USB:\c2m\c2mromtool\data\boxart\ directory or simply place the .jpg or .png with the same name as the rom into the roms folder with it and it will be merged during import.
4. Perform a safe eject of the USB drive from your computer (Right click on the drive in Windows Explorer and select Eject to perform a safe eject), then unplug the USB drive from your computer.
5. Ensure the NES/SNES Classic console is off. (The red power LED on the NES/SNES Classic should be off).
6. Insert the USB drive into the top of the C2M (5).
7. Turn on the NES/SNES Classic.